The Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is impacting our state's ag sector as Minnesotans join the rest of the nation in taking the necessary steps to prevent spreading of the disease. The Minnesota Corn Growers Association (MCGA) would like to alert producers to the following resources available as they enter another growing season under never-before-seen circumstances.
If you have any specific concerns related to how COVID-19 is impacting your farm, MCGA would like to hear from you by clicking here.
- USDA Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP) Explained
- 6/18: Minnesota Department of Agriculture announces COVID-19 Preparedness Plan requirement for farms
- Steps on the farm to manage COVID-19
- Access to Paycheck Protection Program and Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- Webinar on risk management in challenging times
- Accessing USDA Service Centers by phone
- Documentation for essential service employees to carry as they travel from home to work. Download here.
- For more information on Minnesota's "Stay at Home" order, click here
Mental health resources
- Minnesota Farm and Rural Helpline: Available to farmers 24/7 at 833-600-2670
- Visit MinnesotaFarmStress.com for additional free and confidential resources from the Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- Red River Farm Network TransFARMation Series, a podcast designed to increase awareness and reduce inhibitions about acknowledging farm stress, as well as highlight the resources available.
State and federal agency resources
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture: COVID-19 FAQ and Resources
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture: Guidance for ethanol plants interested in supplying sanitizer for donation or sale.
- Minnesota Board of Animal Health COVID-19 resources for livestock producers
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency: COVID-19 response for dairy and swine producers
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety: Seasonal Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) renewal
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development: Financial assistance for small businesses, including farms and cooperatives
- Minnesota Pesticide Applicator Requirements & FAQs
- USDA COVID-19 FAQ and Resources
- USDA COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide
- EPA: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2
Distance learning resources
Additional resources from our partners
- National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) COVID-19 Resources
- NCGA and COVID-19: Program Updates
- U.S. Grains Council Remains Committed to Global Customers
- University of Minnesota Extension: Rural Grocery Resources
- University of Minnesota Extension: Helping your family plan for COVID-19
Stay connected to MCGA
- MCGA Staff Directory: Staff continues to work from home, and is available via email.
- Subscribe to our weekly e-newsletter, Leader Update.
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Letters from leadership